Thinking about how to get TSA PreCheck with Southwest Airlines??? We bring this ultimate blog for you.
Many of us love traveling yet, sometimes it gives a stressful trial mainly when it is going through the airport security check.
Thanks to the TSA PreCheck feature, it delivers a smooth and advanced process of screening for the passengers who are eligible.
If planning to make a trip with Southwest Airlines, having knowledge on adding TSA Precheck to Southwest Airlines booking may save you time.
In addition to this, thorough instructions on PreCheck Addition Procedures for SouthWest Airlines reservations will be available for you.
Does Southwest Airlines have a TSA PreCheck feature?
Yes, Southwest Airlines deliver the option of TSA PreCheck for its passengers to get benefitted while going through the airport security screening and experience an enjoyable flight trip.
Steps to Add TSA PreCheck Southwest Airlines
Below are the steps on how to add PreCheck To your SouthWest Airlines account so as to avail of the benefits provided to the passengers by TSA:
Affirm the Eligibility and then Apply:
At first, a passenger needs to meet the eligibility measures to attain the PreCheck feature. U.S. nationals, U.S. citizens, and lawful permanent residents are eligible for this.
Once you attain the eligibility and meet the prerequisites, simply follow the steps on Southwest Airlines TSA PreCheck:
- Go to the official website of TSA PreCheck.
- Hit the button on ‘Apply Now’.
- Next, fill out the form that is available on the website with the correct details.
- Now, pay the application fee of $85 (non-refundable type) for a membership of five-year. You can also use Southwest Airlines credit card for the payment.
- Schedule a time for an in-person interview at the TSA center, where verification of the documents will be done and fingerprints will be taken.
- The documents include a valid driver’s license or passport and birth certificate/naturalization certificate.
- Upon finishing the background check and interview successfully, a Known Traveler Number (KTN) will be sent to you through email or mail.
- Once KTN has been obtained, passengers can now add TSA Precheck to their Southwest Airlines bookings.
* The process for Southwest Airlines’ add TSA Precheck has been discussed in detail below.
How Can I Change A Booking To Include TSA?
How to get TSA Precheck Southwest Airlines on An Existing Booking:
It is essential for a flyer to have an idea of how to add Southwest Airlines TSA Precheck to an existing reservation.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit www.southwest.com the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- In the next step, log in to the account (for an existing Southwest Airlines account) by entering the required credentials such as the email address and the password, and select the ‘Log in tab. If a passenger does not possess a Southwest Airlines account, then one must create an account by selecting the option on ‘Create Account’ or ‘Sign up’.
- Now, locate the section on ‘My Trip’. Select it so as to access the upcoming and current bookings.
- Next, choose the distinct booking on which TSA PreCheck needs to be added.
- Once you locate the reservation, the next step to do is to edit the associated information of the passenger. Search for options like ‘Manage Reservation’ or ‘Edit/Add Passenger Information’.
- Next, click on the subsection: ‘Secure Traveler Information’ or ‘TSA PreCheck’.
- Tap on it and then enter the 9-digit Known Traveler Number (KTN) accurately in the space provided.
- Once, the KTN has been entered, review the information of the traveler and then hit the button on ‘Apply’ or ‘Save’ so as to save the desired changes on the existing reservation.
How Do I Add PreCheck To A New Southwest Reservation?
Here it is on how to add TSA Precheck to Southwest Airlines’ new reservation:
- Visit Southwest.com on your computer or mobile.
- Now, choose the ‘Flight’ option in order to access the reservation.
- Fill in the details such as the date of travel, arrival and departure airports, and the number of travelers.
- Tap on the ‘Search’ option.
- Next, select the flight that suits your travel plan from the options available.
- Now, enter the personal details of the traveling passengers that include name, gender, birth date, and phone number.
- In the next step, enter the KTN ( which is related to TSA PreCheck membership) in the appropriate box.
- Next, review the reservation and confirm that the details are correctly entered. Move to the section of payment to complete making the reservation.
- On completion of the payment, a confirmation email from the airline including the details of the booking and TSA PreCheck status will be sent to the passenger.
How Can TSA PreCheck Be Added To The Southwest App?
Follow the steps for Southwest Airlines on how to add TSA PreCheck on the App:
- To start with, first download the Southwest app on the device from the app store on your device and install it.
- Next, enter the details to sign in to the Southwest account.
- Now locate the profile tab to access the account settings.
- In the next step, look for TSA PreCheck or security preference section which might be named as ‘Secure Flight Passenger Data’.
- Next, enter the Known Traveler Number (KTN) in the provided field correctly, under the section of TSA PreCheck
- Finally, ensure that the changes made are correct and save it to store successfully.
Adding the TSA PreCheck to Southwest Airlines booking can vastly improve the experience of travel by equipping it with expedited airport security checkpoints.
Thoroughly going through the steps stated above, will ensure a hassle-free and smooth flight journey through the airport security screening.
Thus, by learning how to add TSA PreCheck for Southwest Airlines reservations, flyers can be pleased with the efficiency and convenience while flying the next adventure with Southwest Airlines.