Carrying medicines (for say cough drops), are a significant product that flyers are required to pack on their bags when traveling. But what to do if you are not aware of if one can carry cough drops or how to pack them as per the TSA rules and the concerned airlines?
No need to worry anymore. This page will be a savior for you in this dilemma. So continue to read to clear the queries on to bring necessary products like cough drops on a plane.
TSA Guidelines: Can You Bring Cough Drops On A Plane
- It is quite vital for the flyers to carry things that are mandatory in terms of medical. Thereby TSA permits to bring the items that seem obligatory under medical terms in carry-on as well as checked luggage.
- Yet, cough drops fall under liquid medication regulations. That means liquid items must be bought under the 3-1-1 liquid limit rule.
- Passengers need to pack the liquid product (cough drops) in bottles or containers within 3.4 ounces (100 ml) in total quantity.
- The containers or bottles need to be kept in a transparent, quart-size, zipped bag that must be placed in the hand baggage or carry-on luggage or hand luggage.
- However one may receive relaxation on cough drops because it is a “medically essential liquid”.
- The TSA permits this kind of liquid to be bought in unlimited amounts; reasonably, in the carry-on baggage.
- Passengers can take this item in unlimited capacity in checked luggage. Yet ensure to pack it within the considerable limits so as to enable a hassle-free flight trip for the flyers.
Can I Take Cough Drops on a Plane in Hand Luggage?
Yes, flyers can take cough drops in carry-on luggage on a plane. But one needs to obey the 3-1-1 liquid limit rule, according to TSA’s guidelines on liquid products.
Regardless, TSA permits travelers to carry liquid medicines in carry-on luggage in boxes with a capacity greater than 3.4 ounces (100 ml). The container or boxes can be kept directly in the carry-on baggage rather than packing it in a transparent quart-sized bag.
Keep in mind to notify the TSA agent at the security screening checkpoint about having cough drops or other medications under prescription. It is required to be brought out in a separate crate for formal screening.
Note: It will be helpful if you keep the doctor’s note or prescription with you, which is very important while flying internationally, as the officer may ask to show it.
Are Cough Drops Allowed on Planes in Checked Luggage?
TSA permits passengers to bring in cough drops in checked baggage with no limitations. Yet it is wise to pack the item under considerable limits as if the TSA agent feels a little doubt in mind then the result might create trouble.
Also, take note while packing. Place the cough drops containers in a completely separate, secured pouch then keep them properly in the checked luggage in order to prevent spills or breakage during the transfers.
Thus, it is all on the vital concern faced by the flyers, can you bring a bag of cough drops on a plane?
Well, you got the answer i.e. a ‘Yes’. The items can be placed in containers having a total capacity of more than 3.4 ounces (i.e. 100 ml) if brought in carry-on baggage. The TSA stated these regulations for necessary medical liquids taken by the flyers on board.
Passengers can even pack these items in checked luggage with no limitations but must ensure to carry a considerable quantity. Remember to take along the prescription and make sure to follow the regulations related to it according to the airline.
Hence, simply follow the TSA rules on cough drops and enjoy the flight trip.